Ms. Garcia is an associate with the firm. Ms. Garcia’s trial practice focuses on the defense of civil lawsuits in the areas of wrongful death, insurance law, medical malpractice, premises liability and construction defect.
Ms. Garcia previously worked as a prosecutor for the Eighth Judicial District Attorney’s Office serving as the Chief Deputy District Attorney. Ms. Garcia also served with the Second Judicial District Attorney’s Office. In the Second Judicial District Attorney’s Office Ms. Garcia worked in the Metropolitan Division and Violent Crimes Division. Ms. Garcia’s experience includes bench and jury trials including multiple homicide and sexual assault jury trial convictions.
Ms. Garcia has experience with The Inspection of Public Records Act (IPRA). Ms. Garcia has appealed cases to the New Mexico Court of Appeals receiving favorable outcomes. Additionally, Ms. Garcia has trained law enforcement in legal matters.
Professional Memberships and Associations
- State Bar of New Mexico, 2013
- Indian Law Certificate, 2012
- University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., 2012
- John’s College, M.A., 2009
- John’s College, B.A., 2008
- Prosecutor of the Year for the Eighth Judicial District Attorney’s Office, 2017