Mr. Gonzales is a shareholder and director with the firm. He also leads the firm’s construction law practice group. Mr. Gonzales represents individuals and businesses in the construction industry defending against claims and lawsuits involving construction defects, breach of contract, delay, and other disputes arising out of both residential and commercial construction projects. He also assists clients in the construction industry with contract drafting and review. In addition to his work in the construction arena, Mr. Gonzales also handles matters in the areas of commercial litigation, professional liability, and general liability, including many multi-million dollar and high-stakes lawsuits.
Mr. Gonzales employs a strategic approach to every case curtailed to a client’s objectives, business, and desired outcome, with a focus on aggressive, proactive discovery and motions practice to position every case in the best interests of his clients. Mr. Gonzales’ practice extends to both state and federal courts, and he also regularly litigates matters in various arbitration forums. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Gonzales worked as an associate in the litigation department at a national Am Law 200 law firm.
Professional Memberships & Associations
- State Bar of Colorado, 2010
- State Bar of New Mexico, 2011
- United States District Court, District of New Mexico, 2011
- University of California-Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Colorado State University-Pueblo, B.S.B.A, magna cum laude, 2007
- Selected to Super Lawyers Southwest Rising Stars, 2019 to Present
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association Young Lawyer of Year, 2018
- DRI State Membership Chair for New Mexico, 2018-Present
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association Board Member, 2014-2018
- Vice-Chair, Albuquerque International Association, 2021-Present