Mr. Gonzales is an experienced litigator with more than a decade of experience handling complex and high-stakes litigation. He is a director and shareholder with the firm and also leads the firm’s construction law practice group. In the construction arena, Mr. Gonzales represents businesses defending against claims and lawsuits involving construction defects, breach of contract, delay, unfair trade practices, and other disputes arising out of both residential and commercial construction projects. His practice also involves assisting construction clients with contract drafting and review. Mr. Gonzales’ experience and practice also extends to and encompasses a broad range of diverse matters with clients across various industries, including in the areas of commercial and business litigation, shareholder disputes, trade secrets, professional liability, property actions, and catastrophic injury.
Mr. Gonzales employs strategic approach to every case, which is curtailed to a client’s objectives and business, with a focus on aggressive advocacy through discovery and motions practice. His practice extends to both state and federal courts, and he regularly litigates matters in various arbitration forums. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Gonzales worked at a national Am Law 200 law firm where he represented numerous multinational and Fortune 500 companies and also spent time working overseas on a complex discovery assignment.
Professional Memberships & Associations
- State Bar of Colorado, 2010 (Inactive)
- State Bar of New Mexico, 2011
- United States District Court, District of New Mexico, 2011
- University of California-Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Colorado State University-Pueblo, B.S.B.A, magna cum laude, 2007
- Selected to Super Lawyers Southwest Rising Stars, 2019 to Present
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association Young Lawyer of Year, 2018
- DRI State Membership Chair for New Mexico, 2018-2022
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association Board Member, 2014-2018
- Vice-Chair, Albuquerque International Association, 2021-Present