Ms. Gaines’ is a shareholder and the practice group leader for the firm’s General Liability and Complex Litigation Practice Group. Her trial practice focuses on the defense of civil lawsuits in the areas of bodily injury/wrongful death, general liability, liquor liability/dramshop claims, trucking accidents, oilfield accidents, product liability, and insurance law. Additionally, Ms. Gaines also practices in the areas of medical malpractice, construction defect, employment claims, premises liability and breach of contract claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Gaines worked as a prosecutor at the Second Judicial District Attorney’s Office from 2012 to 2017. Over her five years at the District Attorney’s office, she worked in the Metropolitan Court Division, Violent Crimes Division, Gangs Division, and Major Crimes Division. She prosecuted hundreds of cases ranging from DWIs to complex multiple co-defendant homicide cases. Her experience includes more than fifty bench and jury trials.
Professional Memberships & Associations
- State Bar of New Mexico, 2012
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico, 2018
- Defense Research Institute
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
- New Mexico State Bar’s Criminal Law Section
Board Member, 2013 to 2016
Chair Person, 2015
- University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., 2012
- University of New Mexico, B.A. summa cum laude, 2009
- Prosecutor of the Year for the Second Judicial District Attorney’s Office for 2016
- Nominated, Junior Prosecutor of the Year for 2014